Sunshine Blogger Award
I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award by fellow blogger Chloe from My Life Living Abroad (read Chloe’s nomination post here). Thank you Chloe for this wonderful award! Now, here my answers :-)
1. What is your all time favorite place to walk around in Paris?
Such a tough question! I really enjoy walking around just about everywhere in Paris. But, naturally I find myself most often in Quartier Latin, my 'hood.
2. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
My blog actually started back in like 2009 and was called Grapevine4Wine. But when I would google 'grapevine' so many other things came up, I figured no one would ever find my blog. Never mind the fact that I was just starting out and kinda didn't know what I was doing lol. So, I thought about other names for it, and knew I wanted to talk about other drinks and not just wine so..... Girl Meets Glass was born!
3. Why did you start blogging to begin with?
I started blogging because I was taking a wine certification class and I wanted somewhere to write my notes. My first posts were just pictures of wine bottles and 'hints of black pepper and anise on the aroma, fresh palate of dark berry fruit and oak'
4. If you could only have one final drink in Paris, what would it be?
A bottle of Romanee Conti - a red wine from Bourgogne, made from Pinot Noir grapes
5. What’s your favorite travel destination?
There are too many places that I haven't visited, I don't have a favorite yet!
6. What do you love about blogging?
I love the people I'm able to connect with through blogging. Whether it's because they read my blog, follow me on social media, or meet me at an event, I love love love chatting it up with people about wine and of course, Paris.
7. What are your travel goals for 2017?
8. What’s your favorite book?
9. What’s your favorite French word?
Merde! For obvious reasons....
10. Which woman or women inspire you?
Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama!!! Not that I probably have to explain why but, because she is the EPITOME of elegance and class and proves that with a clear focus and hard work, you can do anything! And have you seen her arms??
11. Describe Paris in one word.
Info about the Sunshine Blogger Award
This nomination is from bloggers to bloggers. The award is given to those who inspire and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers and fellow bloggers.
1. Thank the person that nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog
2. Answer the 11 questions from the person that nominated you
3. Nominate some other bloggers for this award and give them 11 questions to answer
4. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
5. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo
I nominate the following bloggers for this award:
Sarita Cheaves of Vine Me Up
Rae Mathis of Untitled, 1975
Here are my questions for you ladies:
- What is your all time favorite place to go?
- What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
- Why did you start blogging to begin with?
- Wine, beer, or cocktail?
- What’s your favorite travel destination?
- What do you love about blogging?
- What is your dream travel destination?
- What is your funniest moment?
- What’s your favorite phrase or saying?
- Which woman or women inspire you?
- What was the best piece of advice you've ever received?