A good twitter friend asked me if I had any sangria recipes that would be great for the super bowl. Of course I do!! This got me to thinking that others may be interested in the recipes so I’m sharing a couple of them here. Enjoy!
- 2 bottles fruit-forward red wine (such as Pinot Noir or Beaujolais)
- 1 liter Cherry Coke
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 3/4 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 4 pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the wine, black cherry soda, pomegranate juice, brandy, Triple Sec, pears, and oranges. Serve over ice.
This one is a little bit different since it uses beer but, with beer being such a popular drink for football in general, I figure putting it in a sangria-style punch just makes sense!
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle Lindemans Framboise
- 2 (11.2-ounce) bottles cold Hoegaarden white ale
- 6 ounces Lillet Blanc, chilled
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 medium orange, thinly sliced